Thursday, February 17, 2011

Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you`re my only hope!

So where to begin? How does one start a blog, is it like writing a novel? Once upon a time and so forth, although now a days who starts novels with once upon a time? But either way, where does one begin when they plan on writing about their life for the world to read?

I think, I shall begin with a warning, kind of like when you buy a DVD and they post that threatening announcement that you can be arrested if you illegally copy said DVD. Does anyone ever actually get convicted of that offense I wonder, or is it kind of like the whole tag on the pillow thing, it scares the hell out of some people, but really there is no real threat behind it? Although I do know several people in their thirties who are still afraid to rip the tags off of their pillows, as if they think there is some secret squad out there that monitors pillow tags and will come into your house, breaking down your door to terrorize your family if you rip one of those off. Kind of like a Men in Black squad for rogue pillow offenders. But I digressed.

Actually, that's a great place to start. I tend to digress when I am writing, bouncing from one thought to another as if I am having a conversation with you, so consider yourself warned. Second place, this is a blog about my life, the life of those around me, observations of life, rants, raves, bitching, moaning, you know the usual. So please, if for some reason you tend to be easily offended, or don't like off color humor slipping in to your reading from time to time, then please, stop reading before you feel the need to rip me one in the comments section.

I am a proponent of free speech of all kinds, whether I agree with what is being said or not, and because of that I believe instead of asking or demanding your government get involved and censor or rate things, YOU, as an individual human with what I assume is a brain like everyone else's, should monitor what you do or do not watch. Don’t like Howard Stern, here’s a unique idea...are you ready....don’t listen to him! Wow, easy huh? Bet you never thought of that on your own before. Sorry in that warning above, I guess I should have mentioned I can tend to be sarcastic and a bit nasty towards human stupidity (mine included), consider this an amendment to the above warning.

Anyway, digressing again this is just my welcome blog. I hope to entertain you all with my somewhat strange, hopefully humorous, and always slightly a bit off from center stories. You can revel in the twisted hell that is my life and if it brightens your day to realize someone else is more fucked up than you, and someone else's life is closer to the fifth ring of hell than yours, then I was glad I could help, and my job is done.

The name of my blog should be easy for most to recognize, and if you don’t then you have been living in a log cabin in the woods for too long, and probably are not reading this anyway, because I doubt they have the Internet in log cabins. Although, oddly enough while I was going through a catalog of magazine choices recently, to order some subscriptions through my friends son’s school, my son and I got quite a laugh at some of the magazines being offered, one of them being Log Cabin Magazine.

For the life of me and my son, we could not figure out who reads this magazine, and how on earth they have enough readership numbers to keep publishing, but I guess as we all learn, there are all kinds of people out there, and I guess a lot of Log Cabin owners..who knew? So on the off chance that you are a relative of Abe Lincoln and living in a Log Cabin and reading this, welcome.

Anyway, back to my point, I named my blog Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you’re my only hope, because sometimes I think he just may be. Between my own life experiences and those of the people I know and the crazy world we live in, which to me seems to get crazier by the day, I am sometimes lost for an answer or an explanation about the things that go on in our lives on a daily basis. Of course the fact that I am a big Star wars fan (yeah, yeah, call me a geek, mock me, giggle, whatever), and an atheist (although when people ask my religion, I usually say Jedi), I decided looking to Obi-Wan Kenobi for guidance couldn't hurt.

So, every time I see or hear something that makes me wonder how we ever evolved from the apes, for instance Octomom and her one woman baby factory, or disgruntled customers at McDonald`s calling 911 because they cannot get their McNugget fix, I tend to find myself saying, "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you’re my only hope!"

No comments:

Post a Comment